Certificate of No impediment to Marriage.
Kenyans who intend to get married in Italy are required to have the so called certificate of No-impediment to Marriage or il Nulla Osta al Matrimonio in Italian.
It is basically a certification that your government does not have any objection to your intended marriage. Applications for these certificates can be done at our Kenya Embassy Rome.
1. Application forms dully completed. (click here to dowload form)
2. Copy of your Birth certificate.
3. Copy of your passport.
4. Two passport size photographs
5. Letter of Commitment to Marriage. (click here to download form). You will need to feel one and your Fiancee will feel one.
6. Copy of your fiancees passport and his two passport size photographs.
7. Consular fee of Euro 92,00. If the Embassy is to send back your certificate ones its ready, you are required to include a further Euro 7,00 being postage fee.
Please note: The certificates of No impediment to Marriage are issued by the Registrar of Marriages in Nairobi. It takes some sort of search to verify your marital status. For this reason, it is advicable to make your application like six months before the date you intend to present your documents at the comune.
Its good to know: Marriages in Italy are officiated at the disctrict offices (comune). At every Comune, there is a Registrar of marriages. (Ufficio Matrimonio).
Once your documents are ready, you will present them at this office. The comune will then give you a date to swear that you wish to get married and you wish to have the publications done.
On the date of swearing, you will present all your documents and the fiancee will also present his or hers. A period of 21 days will pass before you can now fix a date for your wedding.
Kenyans catholics who present their intention to get married at any of the catholic parishes in Italy are guided through the process by the parish priests.
Kenyans in other Countries under the Kenya Embassy Rome
Kenyans resident in Greece, Poland, Cyprus, Turkey and Malta may apply for the same certificate through the Kenya Embassy Rome.